Pitlochry & Moulin Community Council

PITLOCHRY AND MOULIN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

MINUTE OF MEETING OF 14TH OCTOBER2019

1. Present: Jim Laurenson (Chair) Andrew Holmes (Secretary) Isobel Millar (Treasurer), Dave Roy,William McNicoll, Susan Campbell, 11 members of the public.

2. Apologies: Councillors McDade, Williamson and Duff, Jane King.

3. Declarations of Interest: None

4. Police Report: None

5. Minutes of Meeting of September 9th: Accepted as a correct record

6. Matters arising: Concern expressed again over dog fouling at Rec. Council to be asked to put dog proof fence around children’s play area and have Dog Warden pay regular visits. Pitches now used by 6 youth teams and health risk even when dog dirt removed. Network Rail are proposing to place new lift bridge at signal box end of station for disabled use. Questioned as to whether good value as car access already present and only 2 trains use west platform.

7. High School update: Susan read out statement prepared by Andy Charlton. PKC has established a Partnership Steering Group between Breadalbane and Pitlochry Schools to look at greater collaboration. Noted that there will be a public meeting in Aberfeldy following local campaign to maintain teacher numbers and curriculum at Breadalbane.

8. PUGS update: The portable toilets have been successful , 2 over summer and reducing to 1 in the winter but still an ongoing cost burden. PUGS now looking at feasibility of floodlights for winter training. Race night 9th November.

10. Town Centre improvements: the exhibition of proposed improvements to the Town Centre around the bus stop area still had not taken place. Concern was expressed that the funding may be lost.

11. Community Council Elections: Sufficient nominations had been received to reconstitute the CC after November. Andrew to contact PKC Councillors who were required to chair inaugural meeting.

12. Chairman’s Report: meeting attended with Network Rail regarding stepless access to west platform.Copies of plans available. Road surfacing on Atholl Road welcomed. Highland Perthshire Community Partnership meeting distributed Partnership funding to local projects. Most of the funding to the Aberfeldy area and few bids from Pitlochry/Atholl. Needing more publicity.

13. Secretary`s Report: The deadlines for “Pitlochry Life” and “Atholl Quair” mean increasing number of meeting minutes do not appear. Minutes will go to Heartland FM, “Pitlochry Now” Facebook page and Library. Any individuals wanting minutes to receive e-mail copy.

Consultation received on review of polling places. Agreed that Town Hall should remain the local station. Flood Study report available later in October. Correspondence received regarding “Heart 200” issues, such as camper vans. List of contacts for passing on complaints at foot of minute and will be publicised. Consultation received on food-growing strategy (ie allotments!). Agreed to respond saying demand for allotments in Pitlochry and publicise the issue. (Respond via PKC website consultationhub)

14. Treasurer`s Report: General account £619.96 including £264.66 in last PKC grant. Tartan Account £4194.13.

15. Environment Report: Nothing to report.

16. Planning Report: Bells Distillery inserting windows in part of the visitor centre. No comment.

17. Local Councillors` Report: In the absence of all local Councillors no report.

18. Issues raised by members of public: Station House becoming increasingly derelict and owner showing no sign of remedial work Ask Council to take further action. Example shown of Granttown public toilets going contactless. Pkc to be asked to follow up. Deer problems, residents in Lettoch had problems from large numbers of deer in the gardens and from concerns over the increasing incidence of Lyme disease. Contact given for individual in SNH(note: now contacted and meeting to be arranged).

Heartland FM were keen to publicise CC activities. To be included in all circulation.

19. AOCB: There was no other business and the meeting closed at 20.55. Next meeting 11 November.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • SoundCloud - Grey Circle
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • YouTube - Grey Circle
  • Grey Instagram Icon
SUPPORTED BY AND WITH THANKS TO:
A Company limited by guarantee and not having share capital.
Co No: SC134024
VAT Reg. No: 561 7598 08
Registered Office (and Secretaries): 51 Atholl Road, Pitlochry PH16 5BU.
Registered as a charity in Scotland. OSCR No. SC045946